Statistical correlation????

Willaim Thurber - MKTG PhD Student thurber at FMGMT.MGMT.UTORONTO.CA
Thu Oct 31 05:56:04 MST 1996

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Mike Wangsmo wrote:

> In all seriousness, I do hope that during crunch time, Sen. Dole can
> really pull a rabbit out of his hat and pull this thing off!
>
> Mike

Mike's post raises a question.  If Dole does win all the toss-up states
and comes from behind to win California he will win a majority of the
electoral college and the Presidentcy.  However, he probably would not win
a majority of the popular vote, like Clinton in 1992.  It is possible that
he would not even win the largest share of the popular vote.

The question is:  Would all of you who have been questioning Clinton's
right to implement his adgenda, because he did not receive 50% of the
popular vote raise the same objection with Bob Dole, or would you advocate
that both Dole and Kemp resign allowing the speaker of the house to become
president? (assuming that the party that controls the house obtains 50+%
of the popular congressional vote)

--Will