UPS, Help me understand

Mon Aug 4 20:26:44 MDT 1997

At 09:07 PM 8/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>        Okay, forgive me but I am just sharing my frustrations and I hope
someone will
>help me understand.  As I have stated before, I am the plant manager of a
small
>factory.  We totally depend on UPS to move our stuff in and out.  Now my
local
>UPS drivers say they are happy with what is being offered, but the Teamsters
>won't let them vote on the contract.  Can someone explain this to me?

Probably not.  Essentially, I think the unions have outlived their
usefulness - a lot like politicians.  They claim to represent us, but
?????????

>What I don't understand is, if the company
>agrees, how does the union have the power to override them?  Am I stupid?  Is
>there something I am over looking?

I ask myself the same question about all of the people we have elected to
office.  They do what they want - not what we want.

And if I had to choose - I'd keep the unions and dump the politicians.

Stephen Frye