Abstinence

Gary Freitag gfreitag at GREATBATCH.COM
Wed Aug 6 05:39:16 MDT 1997

PapaPaul writes:

>During the last year I've had thug radio on in the background
>a good part of each day (Rush, Reagan, Ken Hamblin, etc).  When
>I heard recently that NEWS could be stressful, I decided to
>give abstinence a try.  I replaced news and talk with Chopin,
>Pavarotti, Louis Armstrong, etc.  After a week I've noticed
>more sparkle in my eyes, more spring in my step, and that there
>are more pretty girls on the sidewalks.  Too bad  government
>won't leave us alone and let us do some real living, like smelling
>the roses.

>Regards, PapaPaul

I couldn't agree with you more.  Not only do all those problems and
concerns melt away (problems you can't do one iota to change) from your
memory, but you question why you let them fill your thoughts in the
first place.  As they say, ignorance is bliss!

I worst news you can watch are the news mags (Dateline...), where the
stories are headlined by lines like, "How deadly are shopping carts?",
and "Could this happen to you?"  So not only do you have real world
problems to think about, but now you have imaginary ones too.

gary
gfreitag at greatbatch.com