Vonnegut's Speech

J. Prescott jprescot at PRIMENET.COM
Wed Aug 6 11:05:35 MDT 1997

this was about as delightful as anything i have read or heard in quite ome
time.  i have *heard* of the name of kurt vonnegut, but i can't say as i
can recall who he is.  the only thing that i even raised my eyebrows at was
his statement about choices, in that they are half chance.  i would have to
say that they are more of how much EFFORT you put into making them work out
if there is any *chance* to them.  the others are whether or not you made
the RIGHT choice.  for instance, there is little chance involved if
somebody decides to shoot somebody else.  wrong choice.

jp

> From: William B. White <WHITEWB at JCCW22.CC.SUNYJCC.EDU>
> To: RUSHTALK at athena.csdco.com
> Subject: Vonnegut's Speech
> Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 10:05 AM
>
> From:   NAME: Bill White
>         FUNC: HUMANITIES
>         TEL: 326/371                          <WHITE, BILL AT A1 AT
JCCV03>