UPS revisited

cas cas at ESSEX1.COM
Wed Aug 13 20:13:15 MDT 1997

> Yesterdays WSJ has a letter from the UPS Gary McDougal to the Teamsters pres,
> Ron Carey which lays out the real reasons for the strike.  It's not money
> ($50,000/yr) or fringe ($20,000), it's union politics and power.  Such
> knows no bounds.
>
> John Nebel

        You have stated something I have begun to think about.  This has moved from,
'our poor union members' to something more personal.  If Ron loses this strike,
he may also lose his good standing as the boss of the teamsters.  A loss of
this strike may mean a loss of his job, therefore, he has to go all the way.
        I also noticed that Mr Bill has moved from, 'The strike has not met the law of
hurting the health of the country that would let me step in'  to  ' I'm not
going to get involved.'
        I had my account executive from UPS visit me today.  He just wanted to harn me
that this is going all the way, UPS is not going to give in in any way .  It
may last another couple of weeks, who knows?   He hopes I support his side and
will still be here when it's over.
        Well, I guess if we don't lose all our business before this is over, I'll
still be here.

deep sigh,
cas

ps
Helen, Do you think they would take, nickles, dimes and quarters?