Media Bias - Surprise

Mon Aug 25 17:05:16 MDT 1997

>If an armed criminal comes into my home and I shoot and kill said
>criminal, has my life been saved?  Maybe.  It depends on whether or
>not the burglar would have killed me and my family.  If so, three
>lives were saved...and one criminal died.  If I only injure the
>criminal, than three lives were saved and a criminal was injured.
>If I brandish my weapon (a hypothetical weapon at that...as I own
>none) and the criminal flees, I have saved three lives, and no one
>was harmed or killed.

I'm confused - if you so strongly believe that the gun can save a life,
then why don't you own one?

I don't know the statistic - but I am sure someone here does -
How many crimes - as you describe here - are prevented vs. the number of
accidental shooting deaths or injuries.

>On the other hand, you probably have no problem believing Handgun
>Control Inc's statements about crimes being prevented by the Brady
>Bill.

If you had read my posts completely - I think you would already know the
answer to that.

>The law abiding citizens prevented
>from purchasing a gun weren't going to use them in a crime anyway.
>The criminals probably found an illegal source for their weapon.

I think I said that already.

>The fact is, we are supposed to be a country ruled by law...and the
>constitution is the supreme law of the land.

And I always thought God was the supreme law.

Stephen Frye