(no subject)

John B Hammes economic at NETINS.NET
Thu Dec 11 00:21:51 MST 1997

Ma:

Don't get overly disheartened.  You say we call America great and all
others not.  It's called, "national pride".  I'm sure you have some
opinions about your own country that you hold deep within yourself and
believe China has "the edge" over all others (from your post below).
Nothing wrong with that.  Just keep voicing your opinions here and
you'll fit right in on RUSHTALK, Ma.  As I told you privately, no one
here will argue that you don't have the right to say it on RUSHTALK,
so long as you keep it non-personal, and civil-tongued.  They may not
like what you say, but you give us insight on what one Chinese man
thinks.  They may say things you don't like, but you can always reply
to those things here.

(American RUSHTALK subscribers: Am I right? Am I wrong? Don't know
unless you tell me.)

BTW: The article on UNICOR made me think a bit too.  But I believe
it's the harsh conditions in Chinese prisons (if that's true) and the
fact that we call people who protest gov't. action "political
prisoners" if they're arrested for doing it, which makes me think that
the article about UNICOR isn't a parallel to that.

BTW-ALSO: I don't know if there is anyone on RUSHTALK who might be
able to help you with the grammar portion of your English, but I think
that's the only problem you have here on RUSHTALK.  I don't know if
you understand the tone intended in some of the replies you get here,
or, for that matter, if some ppl on RUSHTALK understand the tone you
intend either.  I've heard English is a difficult language to
master...don't know from experience tho.

John Hammes