(no subject)

Thu Dec 11 13:01:46 MST 1997

On 12/11/97 01:21:51 you wrote:

>Ma:

  .......but you give us insight on what one Chinese man thinks.

>John Hammes
====================
John,
    Ma, by his various postings, is not "one Chinese man," he's a
propagandist for his Communist Chinese gov't which allows no
independent thought process.

   If one want's such a singular man, I would suggest reading
the words of such Chinese Patriots as Wei Jingsheng, China's
Andrei Sakhorov. Soon after completing a 14-year prison term for
protesting the actions of the reigning communist dictatorship, Wei
was returned to captivity just weeks after meeting at a Beijing
hotel in February 1994 with U.S. Assistant Secretary of State
John Shattuck. The Chinese minister of foreign affairs accused
Shattuck of interfering in "the internal affairs of China," and
Wei was sentenced to another 14 years of prison, on the Orwellian
charge of pursuing "illegal activities under the cloak of legality."
It was a calculated insult to American officials and a clear message
of "mind your own business."

  I for one, will listen to the "independent" voice of Wei, not
the state sponsored words of their collectivist "organ," Ma.

Ken Wyman

"THE COMMITTEE OF ONE"