(no subject)

John B Hammes economic at NETINS.NET
Fri Dec 12 20:26:52 MST 1997

Ken:

I'm sure Ma might very well be an organ of his own gov't.  I said he
gives insight about what one Chinese man thinks, but I didn't say he
gives insight as to why he thinks it.  But, I'm also sure that Ma
still has some very independent thoughts of his own.  He is human, and
human nature didn't succumb to the USSR's ban on independent thought,
did it?  Even if Ma isn't saying everything he thinks right now (and
I'm not saying he isn't, just that it's possible), eventually everyone
says what he really thinks.

If Ma really believes communism is the wave of the future, it's
because he's been taught that by his own government and he agrees with
them. But if he actually thinks our form of gov't is better, he'll
eventually say so. IMHO, they did it in the Soviet Union, and they'll
eventually do it in China, too.

Like I said before, maybe I'm too optimistic, but so was Reagan. :)

**I know, I know..."You're no Ronald Reagan, Mr. Hammes."**
:)

John Hammes