Is it over?

John B Hammes economic at NETINS.NET
Sat Dec 13 22:36:05 MST 1997

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Jim Nantz wrote:

:-)At 12:48 AM 12/11/97 -0600, John wrote:
:-)>I'll be danged if someone at the local Wal-Mart will tell me I can't
:-)>have a coke in a coffee cup if I want to.  If I want it that way....I
:-)>want it that way!  Sam Walton would agree with me too!  So charge me
:-)>extra for the cup!
:-)
:-)I'm not arguing against their right to get the drink in whatever cup they
:-)want it in. My point is they'll waste a bunch of lids then when they find
:-)out they'll be charged extra for the other cup they throw it away and get
:-)the cheaper one, making a big mess in the process.

I say charge 'em for it anyway.  I'd bet they don't do it again, and
they might even read the sign. :)

John
   "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."

   "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18.

   "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

   "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

   "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that
   can be counted counts."

....Albert Einstein