smokers

Jim Nantz jim at COTTAGESOFT.COM
Wed Dec 31 05:42:05 MST 1997

The last few days there's been a lot of attention given in the media to the
new law banning smoking in bars that takes effect in California on January
1.  I do have to admit to mixed feelings about this.  One one hand I don't
like the government telling the owner of a bar that he/she can't allow
smoking in his establishment.  It should be up to the owner of the bar
whether or not to allow smoking.  If the employees don't like smoking they
always have the option to quit.

On the other hand I've been around rude smokers who don't care whether or
not their smoking bothers anyone else and I have a hard time feeling sorry
for them.  Also what about the people who work around the smokers but can't
afford to quit their jobs?

Just a thought
--

Plutonium - fat free, no cholesterol, zero calories