Overpopulation?

John B Hammes economic at NETINS.NET
Sun Jun 1 19:29:17 MDT 1997

Zhou:

How many books have you read that favor capitalism as it is practiced
in the US?  Just wondering, thats all. :) I know you've probably read
some about capitalism, population, and communism, but how many of them
favored the kind of capitalism that is used in the US?  It would be
interesting for you to tell me how much someone can disagree with a
state decision in public. As of now, I'm under the impression that one
cannot vehemently disagree with a communist government, in public,
without fear of reprisal, as happened in Tiennamen Square. (spelling?)
I know the students there were not violent.  Why were they arrested if
they can speak their mind as one can in the US?

Thank you in advance, Zhou!

John Hammes

    ____           .  _    .
   /# /_\_         |\_|/__/|
  |  |/o\o\       / / \/ \  \
  |  \\_/_/      /__|O||O|__ \
 / |_   |       |/_ \_/\_/ _\ |
|  ||\_ ~|      | | (____) | ||
|  ||| \/       \/\___/\__/  //
|  |||_         (_/         ||
    (___)_)

     Rodney Dangerfield's joke of the day:

     "When I was a kid I got no respect. My old man took me to the zoo.
     He told me to go over to the leopard and play connect the dots."