The General

John Bush jbush at POST.CIS.SMU.EDU
Fri Jun 6 05:29:03 MDT 1997

On  Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

> >This should be no concern of the military justice system.  It should be no
> >concern of any employer as long as it doesn't interfer with a person's work.
>
> I agree.  I wonder, though, why such a big deal about Mr. Clinton's
> adultery is of such paramount interest?

It is of such paramount interest because the American people like
tabloid news.  It is not of paramount interest to me, but it is
important.  The fact that the President is a liar is of more
interest.  The fact that he cannot keep his commitments is important.
You learn many things about a person by what they say, but you
learn even more from their behavior.