Is There Hope?

John B Hammes economic at NETINS.NET
Fri Jun 6 21:22:54 MDT 1997

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Richard Swerdlin wrote:

1:
:-)> >a prosecutor (with attendant yawning of a judge).

2:
:-)        Taxes support basic services.  It is not feasible for each citizen
:-)to maintain a personal army, personal interstate police investigations,
:-)personal airports, personal higways, etc.  Thus  Amendment XVI is sensible.
:-)
:-)Empirically,
:-)Richard Swerdlin
:-)(swerdlin at gte.net)
:-)

        *Yawn*

(Sorry Richard. Couldn't resist that opportunity for some
humor at your expense.  Please forgive me?)

John Hammes
    ____           .  _    .
   /# /_\_         |\_|/__/|
  |  |/o\o\       / / \/ \  \
  |  \\_/_/      /__|O||O|__ \
 / |_   |       |/_ \_/\_/ _\ |
|  ||\_ ~|      | | (____) | ||
|  ||| \/       \/\___/\__/  //
|  |||_         (_/         ||
 \//  |          |          ||
    (___)_)

     Rodney Dangerfield's joke of the day:

     Before I got married, my wife told me, "Don't talk about sex until
     we get married." We got married and she told me, "Now you can talk
     about it all you want."