No subject

Sun Jun 8 10:01:52 MDT 1997

>>Was he general at the time?
>
>Dunno. Does it mattter?

I wouldn't think so, but I think I answered this in response to a question
that you asked about his being a general and having no one to give him an
order, but, frankly, I have forgotten now.

Stephen Frye

>Not true (except perhpas in this administration), at least in a broad
>interpritation. The president is answerable to the people.

That's as interesting question.  All sarcasm aside:  Is he really?  I have
often wondered that.  Same with any politician.  Once they have been
elected, there is little - if anything - we can do.  Our only power is next
election, but, in the meantime, zilch.  And, frankly, I don't trust any of
them.  I believe that any and all of them will say and promise whatever it
takes to get elected.  It's a crap shoot at election time.

I sometimes believe I am being far too cynical.  yet, other times, I
believe I am right on target.

Stephen Frye