recall

Jim Nantz jimn at INFICAD.COM
Sun Jun 8 14:00:52 MDT 1997

There has been some discussion on how things are done in the U.S.  I
thought I would say a few words about how things are done here in Arizona.
Like everywhere else in the U.S. we elect our local officials, and we have
the option to vote them out of office in the next election if we don't like
the job they're doing.  If we think the job they're doing is so bad that we
don't want to wait for the next election; we can recall the politician in
question.  We are having recalls against someone almost all the time.
There's always someone trying to recall a school board member, city
councilman, whatever.  In fact 10 years ago we recalled the governor.

It may sound chaotic but it does keep them on their toes.