Is There Hope?

John Bush jbush at POST.CIS.SMU.EDU
Mon Jun 9 10:20:22 MDT 1997

On  Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Richard Swerdlin wrote:

>        As you say, "confiscatory" is relative or ambiguous.  I am not
>trying to promote further apoplectic posibilities, but the
>information volunteered above does not seem to merit the adjective
>"confiscatory".

It's sad in a country which traditionally (for the majority of its
existance) had an effective tax rate at about 5% (and no higher than
10%) and now an individual talks about paying 37% of their income in
taxes--and it's now confiscatory.  Some people have bought the
liberal agenda hook line and sinker.