. . . Groveling

William B. White WHITEWB at JCCW22.CC.SUNYJCC.EDU
Thu Jun 12 14:21:14 MDT 1997

From:   NAME: Bill White
        FUNC: HUMANITIES
        TEL: 326/371                          <WHITE, BILL AT A1 AT JCCV03>
To:     IN%"rushtalk at athena.csdco.com"@MRGATE at JCCW22

carole wrote:
>But, where would we defect to?  Certainly not Perot's party; which i did
>defect to for about 6 months but wasn't there long enuf to vote for
>anything ;).  Of course, the main problem with that party is Perot.
>Anyway, they didn't have anyone running for senate and rep seats and i
>doubt any new party would.

        For a brief time Perot did demonstrate that a significant group of
dissatisfied voters were "lookin' fo' a home."  Then, the Republicans projected
purpose and energy with the Contract and 1994 elections.  Since then the
leadership has stumbled and botched its strategy, if it has one.   Lott is a
disappointment, so far.

>Democrats left the party and joined theRepublicans.  There is no place to go

        I dunno - the Libertarians?  :-)

>. . . except to the Dems and that would certainly be a step backwards.

        Absolutely!

Bill White