your mail

Richard Swerdlin swerdlin at GTE.NET
Fri Jun 20 06:59:41 MDT 1997

JN & JH:

        Traffic on various lists fluctuates noticeably, depending on the
season and/or time of day.  Occasionally there is a technical problem.
Recently there were storms in Texas, which apparently fouled the GTE
Internet provider.

        Through it all, the quality of content and appended art work
remain.

Sincerely,
Richard Swerdlin
(swerdlin at gte.net)

P.S.  Perhaps of general  interest, the race is being played again in the
Dallas ISD.  A black county commissioner does not like the hispanic
superintendent of schools, who was appointed recently.  More specifically,
said commissioner claims that the superintendent is promoting various
investigations and administrative personnel actions in line with "racism".
The commissioner generally is unhappy, when apparently anglos and hispanics
seem to get along peacefully, so that he seeks opportunities to stir the
racial angle.  Suffice it to say that spending practices in the Dallas ISD
are wasteful.  Some even smack of good fiction.