Global warming?

kabloowy economic at NETINS.NET
Sun Jun 29 15:36:03 MDT 1997

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, John Nebel wrote:

:-)Clearly this must be more complex than a simple-minded conservative can
:-)understand.
:-)
:-)Wasn't the CO2 man is putting into the atmosphere by burning fossil fuel
:-)there in there first place?  In other words, some of the CO2 extracted
:-)from the atmosphere by prehistoric plants is getting put back where it
:-)came from.  Why is this a big worry?
:-)
:-)John Nebel
:-)

John:

Since there is an ever-increasing amount of CO2 in the atmosphere
(something I assume we can't do anything about, even tho it IS our own
dang fault), and since plants use CO2 to breathe, shouldn't we be
worried about developing new and more powerful herbicides to ready
ourselves for the increased plant activity here on earth?  I mean,
since the hole in the ionosphere is reason enough to develop new and
cleaner sources of power, shouldn't this make sense to the
lay-enviromentalist?

Hmmm...I dunno...maybe I'm lookin' at it all wrong.  Maybe we should
be looking at new ways to administer euthanasia to more people to make
room for the plants when they expand.  After all, people aren't as
smart as plants are when it comes to the environment. :)

Just thinkin' out loud.

John Hammes

    ____           .  _    .
   /# /_\_         |\_|/__/|
  |  |/o\o\       / / \/ \  \
  |  \\_/_/      /__|O||O|__ \
 / |_   |       |/_ \_/\_/ _\ |
|  ||\_ ~|      | | (____) | ||
|  ||| \/       \/\___/\__/  //
|  |||_         (_/         ||
 \//  |          |          ||
    (___)_)

     Rodney Dangerfield's joke of the day:

     Before I got married, my wife told me, "Don't talk about sex until
     we get married." We got married and she told me, "Now you can talk
     about it all you want."