A MORAL DISTINCTION

Phil Gerdes philg at KSU.EDU
Mon Jun 30 06:14:19 MDT 1997

On 30 Jun 97 at 11:37, Kenneth E. Wyman wrote:

>      A girl goes to an abortion clinic and has
> her baby killed.

In other words, a girl goes to an abortion clinic and has her fetus
aborted.        While

> Another girl goes to a dance
> and kills her baby in the ladies room.

In other words, Another girl goes to a dance and kills her new born
baby in the ladies room.

>      Society has little concern with the first but
> vehemently protests the second.

In other words , Society has decided it's okay to abort a fetus and
vehemently protests the killing of a new born baby.

>      The law determines the first as legal and
> the second as murder.

That is a reality.

>      And as our society continues to treat life without
> a moral distinction, o......we are watched by large
> and awful faces from beyond, and on those faces
> there is no smile.oe(H. Belloc)
>
> Kenneth E. Wyman

In other words, our society continues to treat life with a moral
distinction.   Society continues to do the best it can do with the
information available.

*Phil Gerdes  -       2-6313
* Network Technician
* philg at ksu.edu