Global warming?

John Nebel nebel at ATHENA.CSDCO.COM
Mon Jun 30 18:21:37 MDT 1997

Ok, Stephen, I admit to trolling for a discussion.

Your logic works for ice on land, but not ice on top of something floating
as you said.  An ice-capped floating thing would displace water equal to
ice on top of it, then float higher when ice melted, leaving the ocean the
same depth.

I'd want to make damn sure how much ice is floating (submarines travel
under the ice caps, right?), and how much isn't before trading in the Jeep
Wagoneer.

It's unclear to me that man can do much about the climate, it may be
arrogance to think otherwise.

Thanks to an earlier discussion on this list, I have been reading Teller's
book on energy.

We live in an improbable time, a warm spot in an ice age.  Don't think a
reasonable person would want to predict whether the next century will be
warmer or cooler than this.

John Nebel