Dan Quayle Blesses Christine

Tue Nov 4 15:21:19 MST 1997

On 11/04/97 09:16:05 Carole wrote:

>Quayle never had a chance for the oval office in the first place.  And as
>far as endorsing Whitman, I can't see how the other candidate could be a
>better choice.  Elections are not single issue campaigns.  I don't agree
>with Whitman's PBA opinions either; but I don't see that as a reason to
>give the election to the Dems.
>carole
>Carole,

   There comes a time in politics when one must choose between party
loyalty and principle in voting "up" or "down" on a given issue.  Our
nation's history is replete with those of political courage who
opposed their party on the political battlefield because of principled
convictions.

    The "bottom line" for Republican cultural conservatives in this
"battle" for principle in the state of New Jersey reads: Republican
Governor Whitman chose to veto a law prohibiting the infanticide of
partial birth abortions. Should the Republican voter affirm or deny
her the ability to continue her promotion of that horrific taking
of an innocent's life?

    Ken Wyman