Dan Quayle Blesses Christine

John Bush jbush at POST.CIS.SMU.EDU
Fri Nov 7 07:26:27 MST 1997

On  Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Kenneth E. Wyman wrote:

>     Dan Quayle, another "pro-life" Republican
> has now visited New Jersey to support the election
> of the "pro-abortion" Governor Whitman.
>
>     Running for president in 2000, "Potatoe" Dan
> was going to have a problem with all of the Jay Lenos'
> in their deadly running ridicule of Dan and his "deer in
> the headlights" syndrome.
>
>      With his endorsement of the partial birth abortion
> advocate Whitman, he told his base of cultural conservatives
> to "get lost" as he favored party loyalty over principle.
> Dan better have another job, he just blew his chance for the
> one in the Oval Office.

I agree wholeheartedly.  There is no way I would ever give SUPPORT to
a pro-abortion candidate.  That doesn't mean I think the Democratic
candidate is better.  I just can't, in good conscience, lend support
to someone who would support abortion--let alone someone who would
support in at any time for any reason.

I'd like to get a straight answer from these people to a simple
question.  They always say they want to work for as few abortions as
possible.  I want to know why they feel that way.  Clinton has said
this before.  Why does he want as few abortions as possible?  Is he
fighting for as few appendectomies as possible?  Of course not.
There should be exactly as many appendectomies as needed--not more,
not less.  Why does he feel abortion is any different?  Of course,
it's because it is wrong, but they'll avoid giving any answer, as
that is the only real one.