WH's "Fast Track" bill raises questions for many

A. C. Szul mack97 at EROLS.COM
Sat Nov 8 14:03:18 MST 1997

"..Several groups [i.e. NRA] have been working to insert language in
this bill ["fast track"] to restrict the President's authority to
arbitrarily ban from importation firearms that are legal to own,
manufacture and
possess. According to the Oct. 22 L.A. Times, a "White House
official who specializes in gun control policy, Jose Cerda,
added,  we are taking the law and bending it as far as we can to
capture a whole new class of guns.'" If it is not stopped, the
Clinton Administration has indicated it will implement a ban on
imported firearms which the NRA believes will ultimately prohibit
many, if not all, semiautiomatic rifles and handguns.  It is
absolutely vital that you call your Congressman at (202)225-3121
as soon as possible, and urge him to vote "no" on "fast track,"
unless "fast track" is modified to stop President Clinton from
banning more firearms..." - NRA, 11/7

Has anyone researched what exactly is included in this hyped so-called
"fast track" bill?  No wonder they want it passed so much - there's so
much junk in there that no one even talks about.  The media? Naw.  The
WH.  Naw.  Our prez?  Naw. They wanna slip this stuff by as quietly as
possible.

Talk about being "Slick!?"

-A
http://www.erols.com/mack97
"The sharpest tool in the shed." -- anonymous