Mao, Pol Pot and Social Engineers

Ma ZhangKai Rongguang.Zhou at SJZ.COL.COM.CN
Fri Nov 7 19:04:07 MST 1997

Ma ZhangKai wrote:
Sir, I out of my workroom a few days, the file PapaPaul sent is longish,
as he said, I will read it seriously. Please read this, I got it from
CND news. I think this is true.

But, no one responded me after I sent my last mail to you.
********
(2) JIANG Zemin Proclaims China's Future in Los Angeles

[CND, 11/03/97] Welcomed by perhaps the most sympathetic audience in his
American visit, JIANG Zemin spoke of China's future at a farewell dinner
in Los Angeles, according to an AFP report. "In the 21st century, China
will be built into a strong, democratic, culturally advanced...country,"
said Jiang to some 900 members of the Chinese community at Biltmore
Hotel.
The enthusiastic group at one point prompted Jiang to sing a portion of
the "Beijing Opera."

The dinner came after a day of meeting with Californian political and
business leaders. California holds a full 40 percent of the 2-million
Chinese population residing in the U.S., and is as well a major business
partner with China. Los Angeles is Jiang's final stop of his state
visit.

As in his previoius stops, protestors made sure that their voices on
human
rights and Tibet issue against Chinese policies heard by the Chinese
leader. One masked group displayed a scene of mock execution, while
another
man dressed in Chinese military uniform led away a few acted monks with
fake blood on their faces. (Jim YU Guochen WAN)