Marine "Extremist"

Fri Nov 14 07:37:00 MST 1997

"THE COMMITTEE OF ONE"
November 14, 1997     Huntsville, AL

  It is revolting but not surprising that the Assistant Secretary
of Defense, Ms. Lister, insulted U.S. Marines as extremists. She
was an appointee of our Commander in Chief, ol' "bloodless and
gutless" Bill Clinton who is considering her as Secretary of the Army.

  Right now I'm looking at a photo of my cousin, who on his
18th birthday died as a Marine on Okinawa. The only thing
extremist about him and his fellow Marines was that they
charged the guns of the enemy and DIED FOR OUR COUNTRY!  He never
had the glory of wearing his "Dress Blues" which she denegrated
as "checkerboard fancy."

   In spite of all the the contemptuous Ms. Listers, the Corps.
will outlive them as Marines proudly execute their motto of
honor, "Semper Fidelis," in continuum.

Kenneth E. Wyman

"One must fight, if only to have fought according to one's conscience"