Mr. President, You Didn't Answer My Question

PapaPaul febboy at IX.NETCOM.COM
Fri Nov 14 14:29:16 MST 1997

Drudge has the following in his latest flash,,,,

Last weekend on MEET THE PRESS:

RUSSERT:  People like Johnny Chung, Charlie Trie, John Huang have become
household names in many ways. Do you think that they should come back to
the United States and not take the Fifth Amendment and voluntarily tell you
and the country everything they know so we can be certain -- and
particularly you as Commander-in-Chief -- that our national security was
not compromised?

PRESIDENT CLINTON:   When I asked President Jiang about that, you know, the
question about was the Chinese government involved, which was a question
that was raised, he emphatically denied to me personally that their
government had tried to do anything to influence the outcome of this
election...

And my (PapaPaul's) question is:

        Now, why in hell doesn't Russert follow up with,
        "Mr. President, with all due respect, you are
        beating around the bush in typical style, and
        NOT answering my damned question,,,,"