new assault weapon

John Michael johnv at BOOKTABLE.COM
Fri Nov 21 19:28:32 MST 1997

Here in St Louis there was a story on the local news about
a robbery of a local 7-11 [I think] convienience store.

The security camera showed the robber pouring himself
a large cup of coffee, walking to the counter to pay for it,
but instead throwing the scalding [170 degree] coffee into
the face of the cleark.

As the traumatized clerk was screaming and writhing on the
floor in pain, the thief then calmly went into the cash
register and emptied it.

I suppose we can look forward to a new Crime Bill labelling
hot coffee as an "assault weapon" and banning same from
convienience stores............at the very least we can expect
that the maximum temperature be set well below 170 degrees.

Perhaps implementing a two hour "cooling off" period from
time of pouring your coffee to approaching the cashier
to pay for it would be appropriate.

john v

BTW, as one who turns of any news program at the sight,
or sound, of clinton, what exactly did he do relative to
Arlington Cemetary?