Mao, Pol Pot and Social Engineers

johnm economic at NETINS.NET
Fri Nov 21 21:03:35 MST 1997

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Dennis Putnam wrote:

:-)>Hmmm...looked it up, but didn't find it.  Dennis just invented a new
:-)>word maybe?  Hmmm...song+froid = singing+psychoanalyst?
:-)>
:-)>Sorry, Dennis.  As bad as the joke looked on my screen, I couldn't
:-)>help it. :)
:-)>
:-)>And Ma, I hope the humor (?) isn't lost in the translation. :)
:-)>
:-)
:-)Not my word. This was Ma's word and I was inquiring as to its meaning since
:-)Ma said I was one.

Dennis:

I apologize.  I didn't read my email closely enough.  So I guess I was
actually making fun of Ma.  Sorry Ma, couldn't help it. :)

John <last name omitted due to embarrassment>
Moderator

   "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."

   "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18.

   "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

   "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

   "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that
   can be counted counts."

....Albert Einstein