Howdy, Ma'am

Jim Nantz jim at COTTAGESOFT.COM
Tue Nov 25 11:26:59 MST 1997

At 12:25 AM 11/25/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Those Sara girls are at it again!

Here's what I sent them on the comment form on their site:

Today I heard of your act of giving your humanities award to Sara Brady,
and the gift to the center to prevent handgun violence;  an organization
that's more concerned with taking away constitutional right to bear arms
and protect ourselves than putting the criminals away.  In the past I did
buy some of your products, but after hearing this I will buy none.

History is full of examples where people have been asked to give up their
liberties as a solution to some crisis real or imagined.  The problem is
that giving up our liberties does not make us any safer.  It only serves to
empower those who would degrade the quality  of our lives.  You can take
away my right to have a gun, but the criminal who is the real problem won't
give up his.  In that case I would be virtually defenseless against a
criminal who violates the gun laws.  Women who are victims of stalkers, and
other abusive men will have one less tool to defend themselves if Sara
Brady and her ilk get their way.
--

Today a Phoenix man was charged with aggravated assault when he allegedly
smacked a colleague with a 10,000 page unix manual.  Attorney General Grant