the ma conspiracy

Jim Nantz jim at COTTAGESOFT.COM
Tue Nov 25 14:34:02 MST 1997

It seems that everyone and his dog has a conspiracy theory these days.  Now
it's time for you to read mine.

Let's say that there was a man or woman who lives in a foreign land where
they don't have freedom of speech and that this unnamed person wanted to
participate in the type of free debate that we do so well on this list.  If
that person had access to the internet then he or she could subscribe to
this list and read all that we post here.  The problem would be if this
person decided to post something that his/her masters would not find
politically correct.  If he/she got caught then it could mean jail time or
worse.  Here's my solution to this problem:

1.      Send nothing that would arouse the suspicion of your masters.
2.      To further hide your real motives, pretend to stick up for the
politically fashionable ideology that your masters would approve of you
remaining on the list.

I thought of this the other day when I was thinking of my "Pat McMahon"
stunt.  For those of you new to the list last summer I subscribed to the
list using another account I have and pretended to be a liberal.  I wasn't
very good at it and people soon figured me out.  Maybe someone's ma is a
better actor than I am.
--

Today a Phoenix man was charged with aggravated assault when he allegedly
smacked a colleague with a 10,000 page unix manual.  Attorney General Grant