Promise Keepers

cbnron cbnron at ADAMS.NET
Sun Oct 5 12:03:08 MDT 1997

>Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 13:02:18 -0500
>To: mack97 at erols.com
>From: cbnron <cbnron at adams.net>
>Subject: Re: Promise Keepers
>
>I can't help but compare the coverage of the promise keepers event to that
of one of our favorite psychopaths million man march.  That event was
covered in it's entirety on CNN; it was billed as a wonderful experience,
full of hope and worth; and never, ever was a political agenda of any kind
ever mentioned.  Anyone with a decenting view was poohpoohed by the press
(if indeed anyone with a differing view was given any TV time).  I hardly
heard any of the message of the promise keepers on air even tho i did have
CNN on most of the day (and Foxnews also which SAID they were going to
carry it but i didn't see any coverage).  Any coverage that was anywhere
always had someone for NAG there to scream and hollar about what a big, bad
group of men these were.  I happen to know several men that went to that
thing and they are lovely men with nice, intellegent wives who would never
be intimidated by their husbands.  No, the only political agenda that was
being promoted at this even was that of NAG and the TV comentators.