Speaking of Abortion

Mike Wangsmo wanger at REDHAT.COM
Mon Oct 6 22:05:48 MDT 1997

While this has nothing to do with how this thread started, it is still
interesting. :)  Did any of you hear that last week in the North East (I
forget which state) someone was prosecuted for manslaughter (I believe that
was the charge) in the death of their 8.5 month old fetus?  I don't recall all
the details of the story, OK, I'll be honest, I don't recall any other than
the ones I've just stated. :(

Anyway, the jist of my post is it is interesting that this could occur in the
NE where the liberals have such a strong hold on things.  I guess this draws
some arbitrary line in the sand that states that somewhere before 8.5 months
of pregnancy, a fetus "inherits" rights as a human and is no longer "just
tissue".

Mike
Mike Wangsmo, QA Manager
Red Hat Software, Inc.

"If you hit the ball hard enough, you never have to run!"
        -- Mike Piazza