why are liberals anti-promise keepers?

John Bush jbush at POST.CIS.SMU.EDU
Tue Oct 7 06:56:43 MDT 1997

I watched as many of the nay-sayers had reason after reason why The
Promise Keepers are bad.  I got to wonder if there was a simple
political reason.  What will happen if true racial reconciliation
occurs?  From all polls I have seen, blacks poll much more
conservative, religious, and pro-family than whites do.  Is it
possible the liberals are afraid that many racial minorities will
start voting their beliefs rather than their race?  If so, I believe
the democrats are going to have to make some massive changes if they
are going to be relevant for some time to come.