Global warming

John Bush jbush at POST.CIS.SMU.EDU
Fri Oct 24 05:11:15 MDT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

> At 12:09 PM 10/22/97 -0600, you wrote:
> >Edward Teller wrote a brief article for the WSJ editorial page last week.
> >One of his remarks:
> >
> >"It's wonderful to think that the world is so very wealthy that a single
> >nation - America - can consider spending $100 billion or so each year to
> >address a problem that may not exist - and that, if it does exist,
> >certainly has unknown dimensions."
>
> I am surprised that a physicist would make such a remark.  I agree, if it
> exists, its dimensions are unknown.  The question I ask - does that mean
> the best choice is to just ignore it?  Talk about burying one's head in the
> sand.
And I am certainly not surprised that a leftist enviro-wacko would
make such a remark as yours.  You shouldn't spend money addresses a
problem that you don't know exists.  You should first find out if
there is a problem, and then actually address the problem should you
find that there is one.  If we went around trying to solve every
liberal fantasy problem that is touted (first the healthcare
crisis...now a daycare crisis...) we'd be even more broke than we are
today.