Global warming

John Bush jbush at POST.CIS.SMU.EDU
Fri Oct 24 05:15:41 MDT 1997

> >It is not a matter of ignoring it.  It is a matter of realizing that the
> earth
> >has always gone through warming and cooling cycles, that this is a natural
> >process, and that it is highly arrogant to assume that man has the ability to
> >alter this phenomenon.  There is nothing but conflicting theories floating
> >around that say that mankind has caused the globe to warm, no solid evidence,
> >no proof, nothing.
>
> Agreed.  It is all theoretical.  But so is the absence of a problem.
> That's all i am saying.  The theories do, indeed, conflict.  They need all
> be further investigated.
But that is not what you said before.  You said we should spend the
money to try and solve the problem.  The only reasonable answer to
the question of global warming is I don't know if it is happening, if
it is happening, I don't know if it is manmade, and if it is
happening, I don't know if it is a bad thing.  No one is suggesting
that we not even look at the issues and theories--just that we don't
need to throw money at solving an unknown problem.