Global warming

John Nebel nebel at ATHENA.CSDCO.COM
Sat Oct 25 10:26:21 MDT 1997

Richard,

This is really being treated as a difference of scientific opinion?
Perhaps not.  Where is the principled discussion?  Why such a rush to
action on incomplete evidence?

My personal opinion is that global warming/ozone hole/power line radiation/
nuclear power plant emissions/radon is a crock, but I'd be willing to look
at real evidence as it trickles in over the long term.

As for "Marxist Dialetic", I just tossed in that phrase because it sounded
pompous, but upon reading the article on dialectic in the 11th edition:
"used in common parlance in a contemptous sense for verbal or purely
abstract disputation devoid of practical value," the label probably was
more accurate than intended, especially if one views Marxism historically as
a fight for the common peoples' interest which results ultimately in
furthering the interests of a privileged few.

"To all that which thou provest me thus, I refuse to give credence, and
hate."

John Nebel