Shirley Allen

Tony astaple at NWLINK.COM
Fri Oct 31 17:12:02 MST 1997

We agree on more than we disagree Papa.

The law may be abused, but a neutral and detached judge supposedly found
probable cause to believe that the lady should be evaluated.  The lady's
family members made the application to the Court, not the State.  The
police were merely doing their job by following the Order of the Court
to present the lady for evaluation.

I have not read all the details as to how the lady was approached by the
police, but I have difficulty in blaming them for doing their job.

I agree that the cost of the circus was outrageous.

I still like to believe that it would take more than "Papa Paul listens
to Rush, so he must be crazy." for a Judge to sign an order like that.
But there are a lot of Carter appointees on the Federal Bench......

Any Civil law can be abused, and if her relatives have misrepresented
the facts to the Court, I hope she kicks their butts in a Civil Action.

Glad she was taken into custody without incident,

Tony

Papa Paul sez: