Monarchy

Helen Cadogan editors at TCLQ.ORG
Fri Sep 5 18:15:18 MDT 1997

Saw a clip on ABC Snooze.  The driver did not taunt the papparazzi,
according to the tape from outside the Ritz; in fact, when the Benz left
the hotel, no papparazzi were in sight.  From another snooze source: a
motorist who was ahead of the Benz in the tunnel, said he saw, in his
rearview mirror, a motorcyclist weaving in front of the Benz.
Additionally, he said, he saw a flash (presumably of a camera); and,
shortly therafter, he heard a crash -- by which time he was no longer in
the tunnel.  Thus, according to snooze reports, while the driver was
inebriated, that may not have been enough to cause the accident.  Most
likely the actions of the papparazzi (with cycle and camera) were
causatory.  I would imagine that, whether or not one is inebriated, a
single camera flash, or rapid succession of the same, would adversely
affect one's ability to steer a vehicle, especially one at high speed.

No, I'm not an advocate of driving drunk.  I do wonder, though, what was
this man's alcohol tolerance level.

>All that aside and the fact that several people died which is always tragic
>I am puzzled. This should be a perfet time to emphasize, by tragic example,
>of the folly of driving drunk. The deaths were completely avoidable had the
>driver not been breaking French driving regulations. This whole thing boils
>down to irresponsible behavoir. On the part of the driver for being drunk
>when entrusted with the lives of others and taunting the paparazzi as well.
>On the part of Diana, who was the person in charge for permitting a drunk
>drive to get behind the wheel and Diana's bodyguard for the same reasons.

>Dennis Putnam                   Public Key can be obtained from:
>Loganville, Ga.                 <http://www.ilinks.net/~dap>

Helen Cadogan

I Know That My Redeemer Liveth!

http://www.tclq.org/canboulay/