More on Guns

William B. White WHITEWB at JCCW22.CC.SUNYJCC.EDU
Thu Sep 18 09:05:23 MDT 1997

From:   NAME: Bill White
        FUNC: HUMANITIES
        TEL: 326/371                          <WHITE, BILL AT A1 AT JCCV03>
To:     IN%"rushtalk at athena.csdco.com"@MRGATE at JCCW22

Stephen wrote:
>Almost seems self serving for anyone to say that the amendment in which
>they express the most interest is the most important.  Seems sort of slanted.

        "Seems self serving"?  What is the gain you suppose will accrue to
Charlton Heston, age 72, when he expounds on the need to save 2nd Ammendment
rights?  I think he shows himself to be a patriot who is standing up for our
constitutional guarantees, standing up against great odds, I might add.

        Heston clarifies why the 2nd Ammendment is so crucial:  "The right to
keep and bear arms is the one right that allows 'rights' to exist at all.  I
believe the doorway to all freedoms is framed with muskets."

        If you disagree with Heston's position on the second ammendment, why
not frame your counter argument instead of poking around for the bogeyman of
"self-interest"?

Sincerely,

Bill White