Iraq invasion as a diversion (was Re: )

Dennis Putnam dap1 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Feb 1 15:28:18 MST 1998

At 01:57 PM 2/1/98 -0800, you wrote:>
>And no one would have to deal with this problem today had it been handled
>during the initial battle.
>
>I don't like Mr.Clinton any  more than anyone else around here.  But the
>crisis in Iraq goes back to Mr. Bush's refusal to let the military do it's
>job the first time we were there.  The present administration and congress
>are now left to clean up that mess - not one of their own making.

You may call this nitpicking but the UN and the arab coalition never agreed
to the US invading Iraq and eliminating Sadam. Bush only did what the
others agreed to. I suppose he could have done it anyway but given the
fragile nature of the arab coalition (which by the way clinton's
inexperience and inept policies has been unable to reassemble) it may well
have resulted in an all out war against Isreal and an alliance between
Iraq, Iran and the other arab nations. Very dangerous gamble.