No subject

A.C. Szul mack97 at EROLS.COM
Sun Feb 1 16:32:29 MST 1998

Are you implying that we should do the same as we did with Panama and seek out
hussein the way we did with noriega?  You do realize it took us over 2 long
weeks to track noriega down, and Panama is a  *small* country in comparison to
iraq.  Going after hussein would bring us bloodshed 10 fold what we suffered
thru in somalia.  Not sure whether we're --as a country-- prepared to risk our
soldiers' lives for his hide.

Stephen A. Frye wrote:

> >It looks like Bill will move attention from his bimbo eruptions by
> >attacking Iraq.  It could work to silence his detractors.  However it could
> >blow up in his face.  I'm sure many of you remember Jimmy Carter's rescue
> >attempt of the hostages in Iran.  That fiasco was brought about by poorly
> >maintained military equipment.
>
> And no one would have to deal with this problem today had it been handled
> during the initial battle.
>
> I don't like Mr.Clinton any  more than anyone else around here.  But the
> crisis in Iraq goes back to Mr. Bush's refusal to let the military do it's
> job the first time we were there.  The present administration and congress
> are now left to clean up that mess - not one of their own making.

BTW, word is that his nephew --hussein's, that is-- supposedly is much worse
than uncle saddam.  Not sure if we want that either.

Regards,
-A
http://www.erols.com/mack97
"The sharpest tool in the shed." -- anonymous