No subject

Jim Nantz jim at COTTAGESOFT.COM
Sun Feb 1 19:43:21 MST 1998

>And no one would have to deal with this problem today had it been handled
>during the initial battle.
>
>I don't like Mr.Clinton any  more than anyone else around here.  But the
>crisis in Iraq goes back to Mr. Bush's refusal to let the military do it's
>job the first time we were there.  The present administration and congress
>are now left to clean up that mess - not one of their own making.

Stephen you're so right.  This mess in Iraq wouldn't be happening if Bush
had let the military finish the job in 91.  I read once that the Roman
emperors had a policy of not leaving anyone with a grudge in a position to
do anything about it.  If they conquered someone they either killed the
conquered ruler or gave him more power than he would have ever had on his
own, thus ensuring a loyal ally.  In this case Bush left someone with a
grudge in a position to do something about it.
--

Plutonium - fat free, no cholesterol, zero calories