No subject

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Sun Feb 1 22:37:09 MST 1998

At 07:47 PM 2/1/98 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:
>I wrote:
>>>Today we also have a poorly maintained military suffering from low
morale. I fear that any military action in Iraq would result in unnecessary
loss of
>>>life.
>
>Stephen wrote:
>
>>I think you should spend some time researching this statement. I have.
>>
>What's wrong with it? Just ask anyone in the military today. Most if not
>all of them will tell you about the poor morale and the poor maintainance
>on equipment, the stories of having to take parts from one airplane to
>repair another and so on. Sending in a poorly maintained military will
>probably result in added casualties on the part of the American forces
>dependant on the stuff.

        Worse, yet.......we will not come out of this as "good guys". What
business have we of dictating to tiny country, half a world away? Let me
quote from J.J. Johnson, here, if I may:

        >Personally, I've been looking at this Wag-the-Dog policy from an
objective viewpoint. I can't see how bombing a bunch of starving people
makes us look like the good guys. I don't see any multi-national support.
In fact, I see just the opposite. This don't look good. The White House
Sleeze-bag doesn't have support on both military and civilaian fronts. This
don't look good folks. From a neutral corner, if Iraq and friends decide to
retaliate on our
>domestic front, could you really blame them?
>
>I'm not chicken little. Just call'in 'em as I see 'em.
>
>Your thoughts,
>
>J.J.
John A. Quayle

"I know liberals by now....they have NO argument because they fear the
light of truth. They are the vampires of the modern world, whose only goal
is to herd us like cattle so that they may eat of our substance." - Dr
Memory,<uhclem at usit.net> 1-5-98