Lack of U.S. Military Combat Strength

Mon Feb 2 00:27:18 MST 1998

>Jim Nantz wrote:
>>>Today we also have a poorly maintained military suffering from low
morale. I fear that any military action in Iraq would result in
unnecessary loss of life.

>Stephen wrote:

 I think you should spend some time researching this statement.  I have.

>What's wrong with it?  Just ask anyone in the military today.  Most if not
>all of them will tell you about the poor morale and the poor maintainance
>on equipment, the stories of having to take parts from one airplane to
>repair another and so on.  Sending in a poorly maintained military will
>probably result in added casualties on the part of the American forces
>dependant on the stuff.
Jim,
    if anyone reads Col. Hackworth's commentary on our military
lack of needed combat strength, it should scare the "hell" out of
them. (When Clinton walked past our lined up armor in his visit
to Korea, at least half of them were out of commission.)

   Folks are "whistling past our national graveyard" if they
believe we are at full military strength.

    Ken Wyman

THE COMMITTEE OF ONE