You lied again Bill

Jim Nantz jim at COTTAGESOFT.COM
Mon Feb 2 14:33:28 MST 1998

Mr. President you lied to us again today.  You said your balanced budget
proposal finally undoes the damage done by trickle down economics.

You know as well as I do that the economic policies of Ronald Reagan caused
revenues coming into the treasury to grow.  You also know as well as the
rest of us that one of your people - Tip O'neil broke his promise to cut
spending.

You know that your party the Democrats controlled the house during Reagan's
entire tenure in office and your party controlled the Senate during his
second term.

You also know that spending bills originate in the house - that body the
Democrats controlled all through the 80s.

You know that the Democrats on several occasions overrode Reagan's veto on
spending bills that helped contribute to the 5 trillion dollar debt we face
today.

It was the Democrats that controlled the congress for 40 years.  They could
have controlled spending enough to avoid this huge debt but they didn't
want to.  The Democrats (yourself included) have used the treasure as your
private fund for buying votes.  You're using our hard earned money to bring
more people to the federal trough.

Your people have abused the welfare programs to put many people capable of
working for a living on welfare and buying their votes in the process.  We
all know that you would never have gone along with welfare reform and to
tax cuts if it were not for the Republican Congress.

The current economic growth is not due to your policies.  The current
economic growth is happening despite what you've done.
--

Plutonium - fat free, no cholesterol, zero calories