Iraq invasion as a diversion (was Re: )

Dennis Putnam dap1 at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Feb 2 17:57:26 MST 1998

At 07:45 PM 2/1/98 -0800, you wrote:>

>But, whatever the cause for what happened, the present situation is the
>result of the past mistakes.  We are now forced to deal with them.  Like I
>said, I don't like Mr. Clinton.  At all.  But this mess is one that is not
>his doing.

What past 'mistake?' You cannot consider Bush stopping where he did as a
mistake. At worst you could call it refusal to gamble with American lives
and the stability of the middle east. Admittedly the word 'stable' is
relative but now it is still Sadam against the world as opposed to the
world against the US. There simply was no support for further action from
any of our allies. We would have acted alone and quite proably been in a
world of ....