You lied again Bill

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Mon Feb 2 21:01:17 MST 1998

At 02:33 PM 2/2/98 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:

>Mr. President you lied to us again today.

        *WHEN* has he *EVER* spoken the truth.....under oath?

> You said your balanced budget proposal finally undoes the damage done by
trickle down economics. You know as well as I do that the economic policies
of Ronald Reagan caused revenues coming into the treasury to grow. You also
know as well as the rest of us that one of your people - Tip O'neil broke
his promise to cut spending.

>You know that your party the Democrats controlled the house during
Reagan's entire tenure in office and your party controlled the Senate
during his
>second term. You also know that spending bills originate in the house -
that body the Democrats controlled all through the 80s.

>You know that the Democrats on several occasions overrode Reagan's veto on
spending bills that helped contribute to the 5 trillion dollar debt we face
>today. It was the Democrats that controlled the congress for 40 years.
They could have controlled spending enough to avoid this huge debt but they
didn't
>want to. The Democrats (yourself included) have used the treasure as your
>private fund for buying votes. You're using our hard earned money to bring
>more people to the federal trough. Your people have abused the welfare >
programs to put many people capable of working for a living on welfare and
> buying their votes in the process.

        How do you think they kept the majority for 40 years?

> We all know that you would never have gone along with welfare reform and
> to tax cuts if it were not for the Republican Congress.

        Remember these immortal (immoral?) words, "I have worked harder at this
than I have ever worked in my life and I just cannot find the money....." -
Slick, in 1993 on the prospect of a tax cut back then.

>>The current economic growth is not due to your policies. The current
>economic growth is happening despite what you've done.

        This is obvious......what I'd like to know how much spending is going on
"off-budget"? There's Social Security, Medicare, FEMA and so on and so
John A. Quayle

"I know liberals by now....they have NO argument because they fear the
light of truth. They are the vampires of the modern world, whose only goal
is to herd us like cattle so that they may eat of our substance." - Dr
Memory,<uhclem at usit.net> 1-5-98