Iraq invasion as a diversion (was Re: )

Tue Feb 3 09:50:31 MST 1998

>What past 'mistake?' You cannot consider Bush stopping where he did as a
>mistake.

I most certainly can - and do.  I hold the president extremely accountable
for any military decisions.

No, I am not in favor of gambling with American lives - or anyone else's
for that matter, but war is exactly that.  It kills people.  Sure - we
minimized the loss.  We moved Saddam out of Kuwait.  We saved the oil.  And
now we're faced with the crisis before us - for which many are blaming Mr.
Clinton, and this is one he didn't do.

Stephen Frye